[Go to menu]

MANYETES (CLOS MOGADOR S.C.L.)

Manyetes has always been made by René Barbier in his own cellars at Clos Mogador. The property of 15 hectares used to belong to the late Luc Van Iseghem, a Belgian wine merchant from Ostend, who was one of René's original partners with the "new wave" of Priorat producers in the late 1980's. The estate now belongs to René Barbier and the Sabado family from Barcelona.
The devotion and care that goes into the production of Mogador is also lavished on Manyetes. However, the two wines are completely different, in the blend of grapes and the nature of the terroir. Manyetes is an arid and exposed hilltop, with uncompromising climatic conditions. It is made with a high proportion of Carinena (75%) from 80 years old vines, the remaining 25% is from Garnacha. This blend of classic local varieties and "extreme" teroir produces a Priorat with immense complexity, power and depth of flavour, not for the faint-hearted.

Prices Ex Bordeaux Warehouse
Not Valid for USA, France, UK, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, Andorra, Italy, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Brazil, Mexico, Puerto Rico & Hong Kong.

Wines produced

  • MANYETES (CLOS MOGADOR S.C.L.) Photo 0
  • MANYETES (CLOS MOGADOR S.C.L.) Photo 1
  • MANYETES (CLOS MOGADOR S.C.L.) Map